What a year! As we close the books on 2016, it’s always helpful to take a look back at the trends that dominated cosmetic and plastic surgery to get a better sense of what’s coming in 2017.
In 2016, Janiga MDs saw a definite increase in cosmetic surgeries as well as noninvasive procedures. Two of the more popular procedures were breast augmentation and Kybella. Of course, these are two very different procedures in terms of end results, but both share the common denominator of helping patients achieve their ideal look with a little help from science.
With breast augmentation, we use breast implants to make breasts larger and fuller. This procedure also can restore breast size and shape after pregnancy, breastfeeding or significant weight loss. See before and after photos of breast augmentation here.
Kybella has been a hot topic in 2016, with the procedure gaining steam not only at Janiga MDs, but across the nation, as well. This 45-minute in-office procedure permanently banishes double chins in as few as two treatments. The FDA-approved injectable helps break down the submental fat pad, reducing or eliminating the appearance of a double chin.
Given how popular each of these procedures has become, we don’t expect the trend to abate any in 2017.
Other cosmetic surgeries we expect to be on the rise in 2017:
- Rhinoplasty: also known as a nose job, this procedure helps restore the ability to breathe properly by repairing a deviated septum.
- Breast lift: to help reverse the effects of age, gravity, breast implant removal, breastfeeding or significant weight loss.
- Facelift: to reverse the effects of age by removing excess skin in the face and neck while tightening deeper structures for a more youthful appearance.
As for the noninvasive and in-office procedures, we expect to see continued interest in the following:
- In-office facelift: Sometimes called a mini or weekend facelift, this is designed to help diminish deep creases on the face and neck while creating a more defined neck and jawline.
- miraDry: This is a noninvasive treatment for excessive underarm sweat that uses heat-based energy to eliminate odor glands with permanent results.
- Botox: A popular injectable for cosmetic treatment of forehead wrinkles caused by specific muscle groups.
- Juvederm: Using hyaluronic acid, this dermal filler helps correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
To learn more about any of these procedures and to see if you’re a good candidate for them, contact us for a consultation at our Reno offices. We hope your 2016 ended with a bang and look forward to seeing you in 2017!