Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Janiga specializes in cosmetic dermatology: injectables, lasers, and overall cosmetic long-term plans. Her extensive training and years of experience in medical dermatology, lasers, and cosmetic procedures allow her to treat her patients with the comprehensive attention they deserve. Dr. Janiga employs an all-encompassing approach to skin from cancer screenings for her patients, to cosmetic services, to skin care.
Patients often describe Dr. Janiga as hardworking, as she won’t give up on a problem until a solution is found for the patient. This quality, along with her genuine love for dermatology, helps ensure that each patient receives the individualized care they deserve. In her free time, Dr. Janiga enjoys working out, hiking, reading, and spending time with her family.
Dr. Janiga always knew she wanted to be a dermatologist even before her first day of medical school at the University of Nevada, Reno. To her, dermatology is a window into what people have been through, the ability to see outside signs of what can be going on in the inside. It’s what has drawn her to help people through dermatology.
She has a refreshingly simple approach to dermatology: listening attentively to what patients have to say and working with them to plan the right course of action on an individual basis. Honest talk, humility, and a fresh perspective paired with years of experience and education all contribute to the effectiveness of her straightforward care.
Dr. Janiga is the author of Clearing Up Skin Care, a comprehensive guide to sussing out the terms, ingredients, and treatments involved in the sometimes overwhelming world of skincare and beauty. With this book, patients can learn to find the ingredients and treatments that are best for their unique skin rather than relying on popular brand names and advertisements. Learn more about it here.
Learn about Dr. Jennifer Janiga
Dr. Jennifer Janiga’s passion for dermatology and her attention to detail are what make her an excellent practitioner.
At Janiga MDs, Dr. Timothy Janiga specializes in plastic surgery and Dr. Jennifer Janiga specializes in dermatology, giving their practice a unique, comprehensive perspective on their patients’ cosmetic needs in the Reno, Nevada area.
- Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology
- Dermatology Residency: Henry Ford Health System Department of Dermatology, 2005-2008
- Lectureship and Education Fellowship (Light therapy and Lasers): Henry Ford Department Of Dermatology, 2003- 2004
- Research Fellowship (Psoriasis): University of Michigan Department of Dermatology, 2002-2003
- Internship: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Department of Medicine, 2001-2002
- Medical Doctor: University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, 2001
- Bachelors of Arts: University of San Diego, 1996
- Oxford University Keble College Centre For Medieval and Renaissance Studies Exchange Program, 1994
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Member of American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Elected member of the elite Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Henry Ford Department of Dermatology Alumni Association
- Washoe County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Society
- American Registry America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018 – Top 5%
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2018
- Real Self Top Doctor 2018, 2017, 2016
- Finalist, Best Family Owned Business 2016
- Elected Delegate Nevada State Medical Society
- Top Dermatologist 2020
- Elected Member, Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society 2001
- Outstanding Student in Surgery 1999
- Western Student Medical Research Committee Excellence in Research 1999
- Cum Laude 1996
- Academic Scholarship 1992-1996
Publications and Presentations
Health of Your Skin: Inside and Out, Nevada State Dental Association, Reno, NV 2015
Health of Your Skin: Inside and Out, Association of Operating Room Nurses Annual Meeting, Reno, NV 2013.
Safety and Efficacy of Erbium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet Fractionated Laser for Treatment of Acne Scars in Type IV to VI Skin. Bassel H. Mahmoud, Divya Srivastava, Jennifer J. Janiga, James J. Yang, Henry W. Lim, David M. Ozog. Journal: Dermatologic Surgery – DERMATOL SURG , 2008, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 602-609, 201.
Pyoderma Gangrenosum after elective surgery in two otherwise healthy females. American Academy of Dermatology, Washington D.C. 2007. J. Janiga.
Analysis of RUNX1 binding site and RAPTOR polymorphisms in psoriasis: no evidence for association despite adequate power and evidence for linkage.
P Stuart, R P Nair, G R Abecasis, I Nistor, N V Chia, R A Thompson, S Jenisch, M Weichenthal, J Janiga, H W Lim, E Christophers, J J Voorhees, J T Elder. J Med Genet 2006; 43: 12-17. Lasers in Medicine, Department of Dermatology Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 2006.
Singal A, Janiga JJ, Bossenbroek NM, Lim HW. Dercum’s disease (adiposis dolorosa) methotrexate and infliximab. JAEDV 2006.
Bansal I, Kerr H, Janiga JJ, Qureshi HS, Chaffins M, Lim HW, Ormsby A. Pinpoint popular variant of polymorphous light eruption: clinical and pathological correlation. JEADV 2006; 20,406-410.
Vitamin D and the Cancer controversy. J. Janiga. Michigan Dermatology Henry Ford Hospital Detroit, MI, 2005.
Quinlan K, Janiga J, Baran R. and Lim HW. Transverse Melanonychia secondary to total skin electron beam therapy: A report of 3 cases. JAAD 2005; 53: S112-113.
Janiga JJ, Ward DH, Lim HW. UVA-1 as a treatment for scleredema. Photodermatology Photoimmunology &Photomedicine 2004; 20:1-2.
Rosen T and Jablon J. Infectious threats from exotic pets: Dermatologic implications. Dermatologic Clinics 2003; 21(2).
“Pre- and Post-junctional modulation of cholinergic neuromuscular transmission in the canine colonic circular muscle layer”. Presented at the Western Student Medical Research Forum Carmel, CA 1999 and Sixteenth Annual George G. Bierkamper Student Research Convocation, Reno, NV 1999.
“Biphenyl Ligands and Their Metal Complexes,” 217th American Chemical Society National Meeting, Anaheim, CA March 21-26, 1999. M.Malachowski, M.Adams, J.Jablon, and E. Marino.
Jablon J, Khoy R, Westfall D, and Keef K. Pre-and Post-junctional modulation of cholinergic neuromuscular transmission in the canine colonic circular muscle layer. Journal of Investigative Medicine1998; 46(1):110a.
“Tetrahedral Copper Complexes: Using Biphenyl Ligands to Enforce Unusual Geometries on Metal Complexes,” 216th American Chemical Society National Meeting, Boston, MA, August 23-27, 1998. M.Malachowski, J.Jablon, J.Lucia, and R.White.
“Molecular Engineering Using Biphenyl Ligands to Enforce Unusual Geometries on Metal Complexes,” 216th American Chemical Society National Meeting, San Francisco, CA, October 28-31, 1998. M.Malachowski, A. Kasto, J.Jablon, and N.Elia.