Timothy A. Janiga, MD, FACS
Board-Certified Plastic, Cosmetic, and Facial Surgeon
Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might. That is an apt reference to describe the force that drives Dr. Timothy Janiga. Ever meticulous, passionate and wholehearted by nature, this board-certified plastic surgeon brings quiet confidence to everything he takes on. As a former junior Olympics gymnast, scratch golfer, expert skier and as a talented plastic surgeon, he stands out in the crowd. Many surgeons who have worked alongside Dr. Janiga have called him the most technically gifted surgeon they have had the pleasure of working with.
With highly respected credentials, academic achievements and almost a decade of experience to his credit, Dr. Janiga looks amazing on paper. Incredibly, he is even more impressive in person. Emotionally invested in every patient, Dr. Janiga treats his patients like family instead of mere cases, and takes the success of each procedure personally. He is drawn to the detailed nature of plastic surgery and the tremendous s ense of accomplishment that comes from the immediate physical and psychological changes that take place for his patients.
While Dr. Janiga is well versed in all facets of plastic surgery, his passions lie in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, body contouring, facial surgery and hand surgery.
- Educator: Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, University of Toledo, 2007-2009
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Residency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2001 – 2007 Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery program
- Elected member of the elite Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society
- Medical Doctor: University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine, 2001
- Dean’s list all four years, member of Golden Key and Phi Kapa Phi Honors Societies
- 1997 Senior Scholar Award, #1 ranked graduate from the College of Arts & Sciences
- Bachelors of Science: University of Nevada Reno, 1997
Memberships and Associations
- American Institute of Plastic Surgeons (AIOPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Alpha Omega Medical Honor Society
- Reed. O. Dingman Society
- University of Michigan Plastic Surgery Alumni Association
- Washoe County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Society