Timothy A. Janiga, MD, FACS
Board-Certified Plastic, Cosmetic, and Facial Surgeon
While Dr. Timothy Janiga is well-versed in all facets of plastic surgery, he’s especially passionate about cosmetic facial surgery, body contouring, and breast surgery. To honor his hard work and dedication, Dr. Janiga has been awarded with multiple “Top Doctor in Nevada” awards and Patient Satisfaction awards. Dr. Janiga takes the phrase “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might” to heart. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, he brings meticulousness and confidence to everything he takes on.
With Dr. Janiga’s training at a top plastic surgery program, the University of Michigan, board certification, and specialization in cosmetic surgery of the body and face, patients can be sure they are in excellent hands. His highly-respected credentials, academic achievements, and decade of experience are used every day for his patients. Dr. Janiga’s background enables him to make the best decisions for his patients.
Dr. Janiga is emotionally invested in every patient and takes the success of each procedure personally. He routinely takes the time to listen to patients’ concerns in a kind and humble manner to ensure they are comfortable. He is drawn to the detailed nature of plastic surgery and the tremendous sense of accomplishment that comes from the immediate physical and psychological changes that take place for his patients.
Dr. Janiga has always been passionate about community service: he’s an annual sponsor of the Susan G Komen walk, and he gives back to his community through his work on the hospital tumor board and with his breast cancer reconstruction work. In his free time, Dr. Janiga enjoys mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and spending time with his family.
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Residency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2001 – 2007 Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery program
- Educator: Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, University of Toledo, 2007-2009
- Medical Doctor: University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, 2001
- Dean’s list all four years, member of Golden Key and Phi Kapa Phi Honors Societies
- 1997 Senior Scholar Award, #1 ranked graduate from the College of Arts & Sciences
- Bachelor of Science: University of Nevada, Reno, 1997
Memberships and Associations
- American Institute of Plastic Surgeons (AIOPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Elected member of the elite Alpha Omega Medical Honor Society
- Reed. O. Dingman Society
- University of Michigan Plastic Surgery Alumni Association
- Washoe County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Society