Jennifer J. Janiga, MD, FAAD
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Janiga specializes in cosmetic dermatology: injectables, lasers and overall cosmetic long-term plans. Her extensive training and years of experience in medical dermatology, lasers, and cosmetic procedures allow her to treat her patients with the comprehensive attention they deserve. Dr. Janiga employs an all-encompassing approach to skin from cancer screenings for her patients, to cosmetic services, to skin care.
Patients often describe Dr. Janiga as hardworking, as she won’t give up on a problem until a solution is found for the patient. This quality, along with her genuine love for dermatology, helps ensure that each patient receives the individualized care they deserve. In her free time, Dr. Janiga enjoys working out, hiking, reading, and spending time with her family.
Dr. Janiga always knew she wanted to be a dermatologist even before her first day of medical school at the University of Nevada, Reno. To her, dermatology is a window into what people have been through, the ability to see outside signs of what can be going on in the inside. It’s what has drawn her to help people through dermatology.
She has a refreshingly simple approach to dermatology: listening attentively to what patients have to say and working with them to plan the right course of action on an individual basis. Honest talk, humility, and a fresh perspective paired with years of experience and education all contribute to the effectiveness of her straightforward care.
- Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology
- Dermatology Residency: Henry Ford Health System Department of Dermatology, 2005-2008
- Lectureship and Education Fellowship (Light therapy and Lasers): Henry Ford Department Of Dermatology, 2003- 2004
- Research Fellowship (Psoriasis): University of Michigan Department of Dermatology, 2002-2003
- Internship: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Department of Medicine, 2001-2002
- Medical Doctor: University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, 2001
- Bachelors of Arts: University of San Diego, 1996
- Oxford University Keble College Centre For Medieval and Renaissance Studies Exchange Program, 1994
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Member of American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Elected member of the elite Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Henry Ford Department of Dermatology Alumni Association
- Washoe County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Society