Jennifer J. Janiga, MD, FAAD
Dr. Janiga enjoys taking care of both adults and children. Her extensive training and years of experience in medical dermatology, lasers, and cosmetic procedures allows her to treat her patients with the comprehensive attention they deserve.
Clearly a person who knows what she wants; Dr. Janiga always knew she wanted to be a dermatologist even before her first day of medical school at the University of Nevada. “I like that you can see on the outside the signs of what can be going on in the inside. It’s a window into what people have gone through,” says Dr. Janiga about what has drawn her to help people through dermatology.
Dr. Janiga’s rather refreshing approach to healthcare is simple yet brilliant. She listens attentively to what patients have to say, and works with them in planning the right course of action on an individual basis. Honest talk, humility and a fresh perspective paired with years of experience and education all contribute to the effectiveness of her straightforward care.
- Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology
- Dermatology Residency: Henry Ford Health System Department of Dermatology, 2005-2008
- Lectureship and Education Fellowship (Light therapy and Lasers): Henry Ford Department Of Dermatology, 2003- 2004
- Research Fellowship (Psoriasis): University Of Michigan Department Of Dermatology, 2002-2003
- Internship: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Department Of Medicine, 2001-2002
- Medical Doctor: University Of Nevada School Of Medicine, 2001
- Oxford University Keble College Centre For Medievil And Renaissance Studies Exchange Program, 1994
- Bachelors of Arts: University of San Diego, 1996
Memberships and Associations
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Member of American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Medical Honor Society
- Henry Ford Department of Dermatology Alumni Association
- Washoe County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Society