10 FAQ’s about Lipo
Did you know that:
1. Liposuction is the most common cosmetic surgery procedure in the US.
2. It is NOT a substitute for weight loss or eating healthy.
3. Depending on the area liposuction can be performed under general anesthetic, IV sedation, or by local anesthesia.
4. Tumescent solution numbs the skin during the procedure and helps to prevent blood loss.
5. It can be performed with a laser, ultrasound, and radiofrequency, but the most common is called SAL or suction-assisted liposuction.
6. It takes about 1-2 hours to perform the procedure.
7. It is possible to have lipo and return to a sedentary job in as little as two days after surgery.
8. Liposuction scars are usually minor and easily hidden once healed.
9. It is not the same as a tummy tuck.
10. Men make up 15-25% of patients who undergo liposuction procedure.
Lipo and Obesity
Liposuction is not a cure for obesity. It is a cosmetic procedure that can be utilized to add the finishing touches to a body well on its way toward a healthy weight. Before it is performed, it is a good idea to discuss with your doctor your current weight, dietary habits, and exercise rituals so that you have a holistic approach toward creating the body image you desire.
Liposuction and You
Lipo is not for everyone and it is a medical procedure which should not be undertaken without knowing all of the facts. To learn more about liposuction and whether or not you are a good candidate, call for your personal, confidential consultation with Dr. Timothy Janiga. Dr. Janiga will explain the specifics of the procedure(s) you are interested in learning about and can use our 3D imaging machine to show you detailed images of the outcome. Contact Janiga MDs today and find out if you are a good candidate for liposuction for a slimmer, more toned you.