Janiga MD’s Update on COVID-19
Janiga MDs hopes this finds you healthy and well.
First, in these unprecedented times we would like to extend our deepest sympathies to anyone who is ill and our empathy to all employees and businesses in our community and beyond. Second, as both the Dermatology and the Plastic Surgery side of the practice has medical patients we will continue to be open, available, and staffed in our office for prescriptions, phone calls and urgent visits. We have a significant number of updates to communicate to our patients since our last email blast.
We have already begun the process of rescheduling all non-essential procedures and office appointments. If you have not heard from us yet, please be patient we are working to get through the entire schedule to make sure everyone is taken care of.
For the Plastic Surgery side of our practice with Dr. Timothy Janiga: If you have recently had any type of surgery you will be seen for all necessary appointments such as drain pulling, stitch removal, or concerns about pain, infection or other. We will be available for new issues such as breast cancer, skin cancer, reconstruction, infection, trauma, and other urgent and emergent issues that can be seen in the office. Please call so we can triage and schedule you appropriately. Our goal is to take care of everything we can for our patients in the office, so they do not need to utilize the higher risk and inundated emergency services in our community. We have someone staffing our phones and the office at the regular times of business, and our afterhours call service is available to get you to Dr. Janiga directly if needed. We are also implementing telemedicine and may be offering you that type of appointment, if Dr. Janiga feels that it is appropriate. Once he “sees” you over the telemedicine visit he will help you determine if you need to be seen in person.
For the Dermatology side of our practice with Dr. Jennifer Janiga the guidelines from the American Academy of Dermatology state that “any patients scheduled for non-essential or elective services should be rescheduled or seen via telemedicine. However, essential, urgent, and high acuity cases should still be treated in the office, which may help alleviate an influx of these patients into acute care facilities on the front lines of the pandemic.”
- We will be offering patients telemedicine appointments for all refills, rashes, conjunctivitis, Accutane, acne etc…
- If you have a skin cancer that has already been biopsied and is scheduled for removal, we will be proceeding with those appointments, but seeing only one person at a time to minimize risk for you and our staff. Please do not bring anyone with you unless your cancer is in a location where you need a driver to bring you home. If you need to bring someone with you, please have that person wait in the car during your appointment unless medically necessary. Please reschedule if you feel ill or have a fever.
- If you have a new concerning lesion, Dr. Jennifer Janiga can evaluate it over telemedicine and help determine with you if it can wait or needs a biopsy now. Please call to schedule that telemedicine visit.
- If you are due for your annual skin check and do not have a lesion of concern or a history of skin cancer we will be rescheduling all screening skin exams for patients. It is difficult to “look between your toes” by telemedicine. We will be doing our best to get these rescheduled without delaying your annual screening too much.
- If you have a history of skin cancer and are due for your full skin check we advise you to keep your appointment IF YOU ARE HEALTHY AND have any new lumps, bumps or growths that are concerning that have not been evaluated by another provider. If you think you have a new cancer or a recurrence we are happy to see by telemedicine first to help determine if you need to come in. Please let us know when we call you what type of issue you are having and we will get the best option based on your specific situation.
For the MediSpa side of our practice with Dr. Jennifer Janiga, her associates, or other staff including Coolsculpting, Botox, filler, lasers, facials, skin tightening, microneedling etc…all of these appointments are in the process of being rescheduled per state guidelines. Currently they are to be rescheduled after April 17th, but we will keep you apprised of any changes. If you would like a m edication refill or skincare products, please call the office. If necessary, we will do a telemedicine visit for prescriptions. SkinMedica can be ordered through our website (happy to direct you on how to do that by phone). Other skincare products can be purchased by calling the office. Our front desk can have you pay by phone, and you can call from the parking lot and we can walk it out to you “to go” for skincare products.
Please call the office if you have any questions or concerns. We will be contacting you shortly if you have an appointment scheduled but please contact us in addition if you need anything. Stay healthy and safe.
Drs. Tim and Jennifer Janiga and staff