Plastic Cosmetic Surgery: 14.6 Million Procedures Performed in 2012
Plastic Cosmetic Surgery is Becoming More Popular Every Year
In a recent post on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) website, they reported that 14.6 million Plastic Cosmetic Surgeries were performed in the United States, during 2012. That figure is up 5% from the 2011 numbers. We like to think that presages good things for the economy, because we look forward to meeting more patients and making even more friends, in 2013.
The fastest growing Cosmetic Surgery procedures were those focused on facial rejuvenation, using both the minimally invasive, as well as traditional, surgical approaches. Breast augmentation remains the most popular Plastic Surgery procedure among the top five.
Top Five Plastic Cosmetic Surgery Procedures for 2012
- Breast Augmentation (286,000 procedures, down 7 percent)
- Nose Reshaping (aka Nose Job) (243,000 procedures, no change)
- Eyelid Surgery (204,000 procedures, up 4 percent)
- Liposuction (aka Lipo) (202,000 procedures, down 1 percent)
- Facelift / Mini-Facelift (126,000 procedures, up 6 percent)
There was also an increase in reconstructive plastic surgery procedures, those used to correct congenital abnormalities and repair damage from injuries.
Top Five Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Tumor removal (4.2 million, up 1 percent)
- Laceration repair (291,000, down 4 percent)
- Maxillofacial surgery (209,000, up 7 percent)
- Scar revision (171,000, down 2 percent)
- Hand surgery (123,000, up 3 percent)
Plastic Surgery At Its Best Here in the Reno/Tahoe Area
Janiga MDs is uniquely qualified to offer both Plastic Surgery and Dermatology under the same roof, right here in the Reno/Tahoe community. Whatever your requirements or desires, Board-Certified Plastic, Cosmetic, and Facial Surgeon Dr. Timothy Janiga, MD, FACS will have the exact expertise necessary to meet your Cosmetic Surgery needs.
Contact us right away, so we can schedule your initial consultation.